Sunday, December 21, 2008
He started spooning a few sprinkles at a time...
then decided it was quicker to just dump the whole bowl!
Monday, December 08, 2008
Me: When Baby Jesus was born, where did they lay him?
Hayden: In a manger
Me: Who came to see Baby Jesus?
Hayden: The wise men
Me: What did they bring him?
Hayden: Supper... rice and beans!
That kid is still crazy about El Acapulco. I think he would eat rice and beans everyday!
We had talked about the North Pole and how Santa lives there and that's where he makes toys. When we asked Hayden a little while later where Santa lives, I said "He lives in the North..." and Hayden said "North Carolina!"
At this point, I am 27 weeks, so I guess this is the beginning of the 3rd trimester. I'm still feeling great, just getting a little nervous that I have a little less than 3 months to get everything ready!!! We're wrapping up the remodeling here at the house and have ordered new furniture for Hayden so we can move the nursery furniture into her room and get it settled. Now, we really need to decide on a name! Any suggestions!?
Saturday, November 08, 2008
We started Halloween night by trick-or-treating at our neighbors', then we stopped at our friend Kaden's house to get a pic of the boys.
Next, it was off to the Fall Festival at our church, where Hayden played games, ate, and trick-or-treated some more.
This is what Hayden enjoyed most during the night...Dum Dum suckers! Here he posed with his friend Rylan.
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
2. We had another great Ladies' Bible Class this morning.
3. Jenny and I did two wedding cakes and two groom's cakes last weekend and survived! And, for the most part, everything went smoothly.
4. Our cake business has really taken off.
5. While we worked on cakes all weekend, Michael and my dad worked really hard at the house and finished our new shower. Here's a sneak peak, although the finishing touches still have to be done. Thanks Jamie, for your shower inspiration and ideas!
6. We're getting the rest of our new carpet installed on Monday!
7. Then I'll be able to get our bedroom in order and find some things that are still in boxes.
8. We have possibly found someone to refinish our kitchen cabinets, which is a project both Michael and I have been dreading.
9. If that works out, it will be the final major indoor project left in the house! But believe me, there are enough minor projects to keep us busy for a while.
10. We have our ultrasound tomorrow and will hopefully find out whether Baby Shumate will be a boy or a girl. Check back tomorrow for the big news!
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
He also loved riding the "green spaceship."
This one's a little blurry, but I loved his excited expression!
Last weekend, Hayden and I went to Lake Frierson to his friend's birthday party. Hayden got to choose a fishing rod, and of course he chose a "Cars" one.
He had fun practicing his casting, but ...
he decided the actual fishing lacked the action!
He did have a lot of fun feeding the ducks!
On Sunday, we had a kickoff event at church for the "40 Days of Community" that begins tonight. There were inflatable jump houses and slides for the kids, lots of BBQ, and even a special guest. Howl, the Red Wolves new mascot, came to greet all the kids!
Hayden loved bouncing in the giant hamburger.
And he especially enjoyed seeing Howl!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
1. I subbed today and got to talk to Hayden on the phone during my lunch break. He is so cute when he talks on the phone!
2. Michael and my dad worked all weekend knocking down walls and building others to make a walk-in closet for us.
3. I finally feel like I may have some order and organization in this house soon. The lack of organization has been driving me nuts!!! The remodel should be done in the next month or two!
4. We have Oreo dirt cake in the fridge. Yum!!
5. I was in Hayden's room early this morning and heard him giggling in his sleep. I guess he was having a good dream!
6. I hear my hubby vacuuming in the other room as I type.
7. MDO starts Thursday. Time for all those errands I've been saving up.
8. Hayden's MDO teachers seem really great, and he loved his new classroom at Open House.
9. The school year has started, which means we can get back to our normal routine.
10. My morning sickness is easing up. I still have moments of nausea, but for the most part, I feel much better!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Jack, Hayden, and Chase
A while back, we went to Paragould to "Jumpin for Joy." It wasn't crowded and had a lot of toys for little ones. I think the boys had a great time!
Saturday, August 02, 2008
If you haven't heard, we're expecting baby #2! I'm due in early March, so I'm around 9 weeks at this point. The first picture is really dark, but Hayden is wearing a shirt that says Big Brother, which he wore to tell Daddy, my parents, and Michael's parents. It was really cute, beacause he wore the shirt and kept saying "I be big brother!" We had our first ultrasound on Thursday, so here are a few of the pictures we got. The first is a 3-D image, which I thought was really neat!